Early season work has allowed Grand Teton National Park to open a variety of trails and destinations at Jenny Lake. A huge thanks to trail crews for their incredible effort to get these areas open in time for the busy summer season—this was no easy feat given the large amount of snow in the valley this spring. Summer 2017 is the fourth and final major construction season at Jenny Lake.
What to know before you go:
• Hidden Falls: Trails leading to the falls and around the lake are now OPEN. The through hike between Hidden Falls and Inspiration Point will be CLOSED all summer.
• Inspiration Point: The traditional viewing area is closed and will be for the remainder of the summer. However, visitors can continue their hike 0.3 miles uphill from Hidden Falls to Lower Inspiration Point, a scenic viewpoint just below the traditional viewing area.
• Jenny Lake Trail: Hikers can now walk around the entire lake, but must use the southern Horse Trail as the lake shore trail is closed.
• Cascade Canyon: Visitors must use the north Horse Trail to hike into Cascade Canyon.
• Jenny Lake Boating: Shuttles across Jenny Lake are now available from 7 am to 7 pm. One hour scenic cruises are available at 11 am, 2 pm, and 5 pm.
Please be sure to check-in at a visitor center or visit go.nps.gov/jennylake for the most current closures and conditions, and thanks for your patience during this time of renewal at Jenny Lake.